(photo from UGBIA Nice France Chapter)
Filipinos in the South of France raise the Philippine flag
at the120th Philippine Independence Day
17 June 2018 - Filipinos in the South of France commemorated the 120th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence at Place Garibaldi in Nice.
Organized by the United Guardians Brotherhood International Organization - French Riviera Chapter and the Mission Catholique Philippines, the event drew over 300 Filipinos representing regional and religious organizations based in Nice and adjoining cities. The Niçoise, led by representatives of the Office of the Mayor of Nice, also joined the celebration and watched the cultural performances and partook of the Filipino cuisine.
(photo from UGBIA Nice France Chapter)
(Second from left) Consul Jesus Enrique Garcia II with FilCom Leaders
To express the Embassy’s support, Philippine Consul, Mr. Jesus Enrique Garcia II, participated in the event and shared President Rodrigo Duterte’s Independence Day message.
In his remarks, Consul Garcia praised the Filipino community not only for their contribution to the economic development of the Philippines but also for promoting Philippine culture in France. Inspired by the theme- “Bayanihan Para sa Kalayaan”, he encouraged them to remain united and to share in the work for sustainable growth that would benefit the majority of our countrymen.
(photos from UGBIA Nice France Chapter) Cultural performances of different regional groups
12 June 2018, Paris: The Philippine Delegation to Eurosatory 2018, headed by DND Undersecretary Cardozo M. Luna called on Ambassador Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro at the Philippine Embassy in Paris on 12 June 2018. Joining Usec. Luna are Major Gen. Gilbert I. Gapay AFP, Col. Roberto S. Capulong PA, Col. Pacianito D. Castillo PA, and Major Chris C. Baloran PA. Eurosatory 2018 is a Defense and Security International Exhibition held in Paris from 11-15 June 2018.
Philippine Honorary Consul Jeffrey Augustus Cabuay (3rd from left)
with Mr. Lionel Froidure (right of Mr. Cabuay), head teacher of Blagnac Arts Martiaux School,
and participants of Arnis Kali Eskrima
13 June 2018, Paris – The Philippine Consulate in Toulouse, together with the French-Filipino association, Amitié Franco-Philippine en Midi-Pyrénées, promoted the Filipino language during the Forom des Langues held at the Place du Capitole in Toulouse, France last May 27.
The Forom des Langues is a yearly event organized by the association Carrefour Culturel Arnaud Bernard and supported by the City of Toulouse and other public entities. The activities undertaken during the whole day affair were initiation to the Filipino language, food tasting of Filipino delicacies and Alibata name conversion.
Participants visiting the Philippine booth
Kababayans offering visitors to learn Tagalog and/or convert their names in Alibata form
This is the 5th year that this activity has been organized with the Filipino community. Philippine Honorary Consul Jeffrey Augustus Cabuay also promoted the Filipino martial arts, Arnis Kali Eskrima (Doblete Rapilon technique) together with its head teacher Lionel Froidure of Blagnac Arts Martiaux school. They made a public demonstration at the beautiful and historic Place du Capitole.
- Friday, 10 August 2018 Rights of a Detained Person
- Friday, 10 August 2018 OAV Notice of Hearing for Applications filed on 01-31 July 2018
- Wednesday, 08 August 2018 Ateneo Students, Filipino Migrant Youth Stage Theater Performances at PH Embassy
- Wednesday, 08 August 2018 Philippine Embassy in Paris Conducts Consular Outreach Mission with OWWA, PAG-IBIG and SSS during Pista sa Paris 2018
- Wednesday, 08 August 2018 Overseas Filipino Workers in Paris Learn Financial Planning from Embassy-POLO-OWWA-SSS-PAG-IBIG Powerhouse
- Wednesday, 27 June 2018 Philippine Ambassador to France H.E. Maria Theresa Lazaro Meets the Top Brass of Le Cordon Bleu Paris
- Wednesday, 27 June 2018 Philippine Embassy Joins the Filipino Community in Celebrating 10 years of Philippine Musical Performances at Paris' Fête de la Musique
- Monday, 25 June 2018 Fêtes Consulaires in Lyon Showcases the Best of Philippine Culture